Harris Legal Search has been exclusively engaged by Aristocrat to recruit a Senior Counsel to support its growing and dynamic digital gaming company, Big Fish Games.
The Senior Counsel – Big Fish Games will assist the General Counsel – Big Fish Games with providing legal support to all aspects of Aristocrat’s Big Fish digital business, including the management of complex commercial transactions. The successful individual will provide best-in-class legal services efficiently, timely, and in a cost-effective manner by anticipating, addressing, and creatively resolving legal issues and providing counsel in a manner that optimizes business results. This position reports to the General Counsel – Big Fish Games.
- Serve as a legal partner for the Company’s digital business.
- Negotiate complex agreements, such as master services (MSA), statements of work (SOW), software-as-service (SaaS), platform-as-service (PaaS), non-disclosure (NDA), and licensing agreements.
- Provide accurate and timely legal services to business partners, including analyzing, researching, reviewing, interpretation, dispute resolution, drafting, and negotiating.
- Assist with the assessment of proposed transactions and the development of deal structures to minimize legal and business risks.
- Interpret and advise applicable business units concerning relevant laws and regulations.
- Promote seamless teamwork and become an essential strategic partner to the business by aiding in their strategic goals and objectives, making internal customer experience a competitive advantage.
- Create and deliver cross-channel educational presentations and tools about relevant legal issues.
- Aid in the creation and implementation of internal digital policies and procedures.
- Assist with the development and training of junior attorneys and paralegals.
- Work on special projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Analyze legal issues impacting the business, evaluate options and recommend mitigating actions
- Support and role model the Legal & Compliance Team’s Drive to Thrive strategy.
- Deliver timely and solution-focused legal services while managing cash flow and achieving budget targets.
- Operate as a sustainability champion by providing advice and counsel to its business clients and ensuring that all initiatives meet legal requirements and advance its reputation.
- Manage internal and external counsel resources.
- Champion a commitment to honesty, integrity, and responsible corporate behavior by fostering a compliance culture within the organization where employees feel comfortable reporting potential violations or misconduct
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and a member in good standing with a State Bar.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as a commercial attorney either with a law firm, corporation, or both.
- Comfort and familiarity with existing and emerging technology.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as cross-functionally with other teams and to influence and build effective working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, simultaneously drive numerous projects, identify, and resolve business issues, and earn the confidence of executive business partners.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, drafting and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional business judgment and analytical skills.
- Experience handling all aspects of commercial contracts.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, metric-driven environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business.
Aristocrat and Big Fish Games are a world leader in Gaming Entertainment. The company offers a robust benefits package and global career opportunities. They are pioneers in the field and relentless in their pursuit of excellence. Aristocrat is an ideas company at heart, which means innovation is embedded into every aspect of their business. At Big Fish Games, play inspires everything they do—from bringing delight to millions of players around the world through exceptional games, building best workplace environments, to attracting world-class talent. To them, the fun is in working together to build something bigger than themselves and the thrill of making something great. They look for people who will challenge themselves, and them, to think differently about what is possible: smart, creative, collaborative people who love entertainment experiences and want to push themselves and everything they make into exciting new territory.