Harris Legal Search has been exclusively engaged by Aristocrat Digital (Product Madness and Big Fish Games) to recruit an experienced and motivated Director, Legal—Consumer Affairs to join their growing and dynamic company.
The Director, Legal—Consumer Affairs will assess, build upon, implement, maintain, and manage Aristocrat Digital’s consumer regulatory compliance programs to support and protect business growth and product development. Our ideal candidate is proactive, entrepreneurial and solutions oriented, and enjoys taking on new challenges. The position will be based in Seattle, Washington, or Oakland, California, and report directly to the Senior Vice President & General Counsel, Aristocrat Digital (Product Madness & Big Fish Games).
- Leading high impact projects and providing guidance to all business clients, including senior executives, on international consumer regulatory and responsible gameplay risks and requirements throughout Aristocrat Digital, including with respect to:
- Consumer protection
- Marketing, advertising, and data analytics
- Social media
- Contests, sweepstakes, promotions
- Staying informed of developments in global consumer laws, regulations, and other government policy initiatives that could impact the business; identifying and assessing risk and compliance requirements; proposing solutions; and driving resolutions, including ongoing compliance monitoring.
- Working closely with Aristocrat’s government relations team, responsible gameplay task force, and other members of the legal team on key business initiatives.
- Assisting in the identification, implementation, and maintenance of responsible gameplay initiatives throughout Aristocrat Digital.
- Working with cross-functional teams to understand, support, and protect business growth and product development by creating and deploying strategy, policies, programs, communications, tools, and templates for global consumer regulatory and internal responsible gameplay policy compliance.
- Assisting as necessary in the management of disputes and litigation relating to consumer matters.
- Creating and delivering cross-channel educational presentations and tools about relevant global consumer issues that are pertinent to the company.
- Balancing multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced industry.
- Exceptional academic background from a top-tier law school and currently admitted to practice law in any U.S. jurisdiction (in good standing).
- 6+ years of experience, preferably with a combination of in-house and prominent law firm experience.
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills.
- Periodic domestic and international travel may be required if safe to do so.
- Comfort and familiarity with existing and emerging technology, including marketing, targeted advertising, and data analytics.
- Ability to simply and clearly provide sound counsel and efficiently drive complex projects in the face of imperfect information and ambiguity with minimal supervision.
- Ability to react with urgency to situations and events that require a quick response.
- Passion for continuous learning and professional development, with flexibility and willingness to dive into any projects requiring legal support.
- Proactive, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- High level of professional integrity and discretion with colleagues and senior management internally, and with third parties on behalf of the company.
- Excellent, practical judgment regarding business and legal decisions; and
- Leadership style that is straightforward and inclusive.
- Willing to “roll up your sleeves” to work with other members of the Aristocrat Digital legal team and business clients at all levels of the company to drive both strategy and execution of projects and initiatives.
Aristocrat Digital is home to Big Fish Games (Seattle and Oakland) and Product Madness (San Francisco and London). The world’s second largest social casino business and fifth largest social games business, Aristocrat Digital generated over one billion dollars in aggregate revenue in 2019.