F5 Networks has exclusively engaged Harris Legal Search to recruit a Senior Corporate Counsel to be based at F5’s headquarters in downtown Seattle.
Harris Legal Search has been exclusively engaged by F5 Networks to recruit a Senior Corporate Counsel to manage and mitigate the Company’s legal risks and exposures, while providing timely and accurate legal advice for the sales, services, product development, and human resources teams. The position reports to the VP, Legal and is located in Seattle.
- Administer corporate legal activities to protect the Company’s interest.
- Provide professional legal interpretations and recommendations to Company personnel.
- Assist the VP, Legal with administrative and legal matters, including the planning, organizing, and managing of work activities assigned to the company’s Senior Corporate Counsel and other members of the Legal department.
- Prepare, review, and negotiate other legal documents.
- Contract administration, including the drafting, review, and negotiation of various commercial agreements, including sales, licenses, cloud licensing, services, consulting, reseller, OEM, and distributor agreements.
- Other special projects as assigned by the VP, Legal.
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- J.D. degree and strong academic credentials.
- 10+ years of business law experience or equivalent experience in a law firm or company law department negotiating complex technology and/or distribution-related agreements.
- Knowledge of various technology agreements, including sales, license, services, consulting, reseller, OEM, NDA, alliance and distributor contracts, and other agreements commonly used in the high-tech industry.
- Experience working in a fast-paced technology, cloud or software environment a plus.
- Ability to negotiate complex agreements and communicate effectively with sales and product development professionals, as well as attorneys and purchasing managers of customers.
- Experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating various technology agreements.
- Admission to practice in the State of Washington preferred.
- Excellent negotiation, written and oral communication skills required.
- Knowledge of technology transfer and software-related agreements with a focus on cloud licensing beneficial.
- Knowledge of intellectual property law and related transactions beneficial.
F5 Networks provides solutions for an application world. F5 helps organizations seamlessly scale cloud, data center, telecommunications, and software defined networking (SDN) deployments to successfully deliver applications and services to anyone, anywhere, at any time. The world’s largest businesses, service providers, government entities, and consumer brands rely on F5 to stay ahead of cloud, security, and mobility trends.