Big Fish Games, Inc. has exclusively retained Harris Legal Search to recruit a Corporate Counsel to be based at Big Fish’s headquarters in downtown Seattle.
Big Fish Games seeks an experienced and motivated transactional counsel to join its growing and dynamic company. They are interested in someone who is proactive, energetic, and entrepreneurial, and who enjoys taking on new challenges.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial transaction agreements in a variety of subject areas, including licenses of content and technology, game development and acquisition, advertising and marketing, human resources, and commercial partnerships.
- Collaborating and communicating directly with business clients to provide logical, articulate, and practical business, legal, and risk management guidance on a wide range of matters.
- Working with other members of the legal team to support product development, including with respect to consumer regulatory compliance.
- Assisting as necessary in the management of disputes and litigation.
- Creating and delivering cross-channel educational presentations and tools about relevant legal issues that are pertinent to the company.
- Aiding in the creation and implementation of internal policies and procedures; and
- Balancing multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced industry.
- Exceptional academic background from a top-tier law school.
- 2-5 years of experience, preferably with a combination of in-house and prominent law firm experience.
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills, including strong drafting skills.
- Ability to complete a large volume of tasks and projects efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to react with urgency to situations and events that require a quick response.
- Passion for continuous learning and professional development, with flexibility and willingness to dive into any projects requiring legal support, such as intellectual property and employment matters.
- Proactive, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team.
- High level of professional integrity and discretion when dealing with colleagues and business teams internally, and with third parties on behalf of the company.
- Excellent, practical judgment regarding business and legal decisions; and
- Leadership style that is straightforward and inclusive. Willing to “roll up your sleeves” to work with other members of the legal team and business clients at all levels of the company to drive strategy and execution of projects and initiatives.
Founded in 2002, Big Fish Games, Inc. is the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, delivering fun to millions of people around the world. Through its mobile and online distribution platforms, Big Fish has distributed more than 2.5 billion games to customers in 150 countries from a growing catalogue of 450+ unique mobile games and 3,500+ unique PC games. After successfully transitioning from a PC-centric to a mobile-centric company, Big Fish has emerged as a top grossing mobile publisher worldwide with a portfolio that includes hit games like Big Fish Casino and Gummy Drop! The company is headquartered in Seattle, WA, with regional offices in Oakland, CA, and Luxembourg.